- If you find that you are having any difficulty coping, in or outside of med, you can always contact the Medwell office/Dr. Namta Gupta, Assistant Dean, Student Affairs. It is their mandate to provide confidential support and guidance to medical students!
- McGill also offers FREE and confidential mental health and counselling services.This includes help for depression, ADHD, anxiety disorders, eating disorders and much more.
- McGill Mental Health:
- McGill Counselling:
- McGill Student Health:
- The Programme d'aide aux Médecins du Québec also offers individual and group support specifically tailored to medical professionals.
- 514-397-0888 (leave a message and a doctor on duty will call back)
- There also exists a 24/7 help line in Montreal to provide support, referrals and to lend an ear to anyone who is experiencing suicidal thoughts and distress or is worried for a close one. It's called Suicide Action Montréal (Tél. : 514 723-4000 or 1 866 APPELLE (277-3553)) – they offer services in French and English.
For a number of other resources offered by McGill Medical Student Wellness, please click here.