For more information about the Murmur or how to submit an ad, visit the Murmur page on the Med-Dent Student Gateway.
To view classifieds, click here to go to the bottom of the newsletter.
To view the MSS Calendar and to learn more about what the MSS and the MSS Clubs have to offer, visit our new website The Thrill.
Hi Med Friends,
Every week when preparting the Murmur, I look through the table of contents to see what stands out, and then make a not-so-successful attempt at coming up with a witty subject line and intro text for you guys to read. This week, what stood out to me was that there are SO MANY events happening. Our Clubs are awesome. Point à la ligne.
If you're overwhelmed with the number of events and are worried that you won't be able to keep track of them all, feel free to synch our MSS Google Calendar with yours! All events advertized in the Murmur are also in the Google Calendar (home page of The Thrill).
Have a great week!
Natasha Caminsky, MSS VP Internal 2016-2017
Table of Contents
- Anti-diabetic properties of medicinal plants
- Pediatrics Post-Match Talk
- Student Neurology Symposium 2017
- Rural Family Medicine Rotation Talk
- Ophthalmology Post-Match Talk + Pizza
- MOnc and MS3 present: "A Surgeon’s Perspective on A Career in Oncology"
- Ethics of health data, data and more data w/ Dr Joly
- CMDS - Dr Jérôme Lejeune: A Life of Science & Faith by Dr Basik
- Passages: A Conversation on Art and Hospitals
- Oslerian Treasures (Lecture and Wine & Cheese): Neuro-Oncology
- Med Mobile Health Intern
- CFMS Communiqué (March 7th, 2017)
- McGill24 - Show your support by signing up on Thunderclap
- Funding opportunity: Student Sponsorship Program (Deadline: March 18th)
- The Power of Indigenous Arts: Resistance and Revitalization
- Come out to McGill's Year-End Art Show!
- McGill Student Association for Collaborative Mental Healthcare Conference
- Tutor Recruitment
- $$$ Funding Opportunities through the Institute for Health and Social Policy $$$
- Congrès Nordique 2017 Montreal April 1st and 2nd
- QMA Student Committee Special Projects Fund
- Participants Needed for Global Health Research Study
- Revised Charter of Students' Rights: Share your Feedback!
- Indigeneity and Solidarity Week
- Beautiful, newly renovated 3 1/2 in Golden Square Mile!
- 4 ½ Condo in CDN
- Montreal-Furnished-Atwater/St Catherine ST- S Sur Le Square -New Condo-Central location for MUHC hospitals
- Montreal, Westmount close to MUHC
- MedHousing - Looking for elective, residency or fellowship accommodation?
- For RENT: Beautiful 2-BR Apt with a spectacular view of downtown
Beautiful, newly renovated 3 1/2 with exceptional location: 5 minute walk to Montreal General Hospital, Mount-Royal (accessible from Dr. Penfield), Guy-Concordia metro station (Green Line), restaurants, bars and shopping. Ideal for medical students / residents; McIntyre Medical Building is 6 minutes by foot. In addition to the MGH, other major hospitals including the Jewish General, St. Mary’s and the Glen Site are easily accessible by public transport within 15-25 minutes.
-Spacious bedroom with lots of closet space
-Newly renovated kitchen (stainless steal appliances with dishwasher)
-Newly renovated bathroom (walk-in rain shower)
-Balcony (overlooking Mount Royal)
-Laundry machines on the floor
Please contact for more information / pictures.
Asking $1585/month. Minimum 1 year lease, start date flexible between May 1st and July 1st.
Address: 4500 Cotes-des-Neiges Road, Montreal H3V 0A1
Minimum lease duration: one year
Credit and background check and some other conditions apply.
Plus de details en français:
More details in English:
Montreal-Furnished-Atwater/St Catherine ST- S Sur Le Square -New Condo-Central location for MUHC hospitals
Two Fabulous units on 11th floor, sunny panoramic view overlooking city. furnished or unfurnished 2 bedrooms central to all MUHC hospitals. BRAND NEW never lived in. Pool, Gym. steps to Atwater Metro.
S Sur Le Square
Listing ID #0012218
For the link, click here.
2 CLOSED BEDROOMS (1 ENSUITE), 9′ celling – Corner unit, big living room with large windows, ensuite master bedroom, freshly painted,
Few steps from Westmount Square, Alexis Nihon Plaza, groceries, and Atwater Metro Station.
Located 2km from the MUHC Glen Campus and 2km from Montreal General Hospital
Includes all appliances, including Washer/Dryer and dishwasher
I rent it for $1425 but am offering it at $1200 as a sublet until June 30, 2017. You can also make a new lease with the owner.
Parking available for extra cost
Location: Downtown (Golden Square Mile) at 1390 av. des Pins Ouest
Modern apartment with large windows in every room, two full bathrooms, spacious bedrooms, functional kitchen with ++ storage space, large open concept living/dining room with balcony & lots of natural light. Only 7 units in the building (1 unit per level).
Just minutes from the city's business center and Mount Royal Parc as your backyard where there are trails for walking, running, skiing, and other outdoor activities year round. Steps away from the Montreal General Hospital, McGill University, Concordia University, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and much more. . .
Close to Guy Concordia metro & Peel metro as well as on the 144 Bus route.
Furniture not included (inquire about furnished apartment).
Includes: heating, hot water, dishwasher, oven, microwave, refrigerator
Building amenities: elevator, shared laundry
Not included: hydro (electricity)
Parking & large storage unit included!
Availability: July 2017
Phone number: 514-709-6620
Contact email: email@example.com