For more information about the Murmur or how to submit an ad, visit the Murmur page on the Med-Dent Student Gateway.
To view classifieds, click here to go to the bottom of the newsletter.
To view the MSS Calendar and to learn more about what the MSS and the MSS Clubs have to offer, visit The Thrill.
Not to fear, the Murmur is still a thing. It just needed to bake a little longer in the oven this week. Sorry for the delay and I hope that no one lost any sleep in the interim.
Below you'll find a bunch of neat things: a free app to practice history taking, priviledged access to a conference, and tons of moving- and textbook-related posts.
But above all...GO VOTE! I'm pleased to say that we have launched the first part of our NEW website. "LOG IN" --> Request a new password (Lost your password) --> see your emails --> GO VOTE!
Once you've done that, go get your bike, tricycle, roller blades, skooter, skateboard tuned up and ready to hit the dry roads. You'll get some wellness minutes in and will likely get to school or the hospital faster than you would by car or bus given Montreal's lovely traffic.
That'll all folks,
Natasha Caminsky, MSS VP Internal 2016-2017
Table of Contents
- FamSIG Annual Gala: Thursday May 4th/2017 @ Bitoque
- Med-1 Opportunity: Surgical Exploration and Discovery Program (SEAD)
- Presence and Empathy: A Joyful Exploration of Being and Listening
- Annual meeting of the American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- MOnc presents: Career Talk and Meet & Greet with ASPHO Pediatric Hematologist-Oncologists
- SPIN BIKE GARDENS
- Save the Date - Richard Stallman "Freeing Science - From Software to Medicine" - May 12
- IMG Support Group
- Free HISTORY TAKING App
- CFMS Communiqué April 7th, 2017
- Call for submissions for "The Examined Life" Journal
- Skin Spectrum Summit
- CaRMS Website Survey (Class of 2017 and 2018 only)
- Arts and health humanities events around McGill and Montreal
- Clerkship textbooks for sale
- Downtown Montreal – Beautiful, newly renovated 3 1/2
- Furnished private rooms in award-winning townhouse. Parking available. 3100 Rue Joseph, Montreal, QC, Canada
- RENOVATED 4 ½ ON RIDGEWOOD (CDN/WESTMOUNT)
- 2 bdrm, 800 sf in NDG, $1250, prime location for clerks!
- Large open concept 4 & 1/2 in Golden Square Mile
Contact email: email@example.com
Exceptional location: 5 minute walk to Montreal General Hospital, Mount-Royal (accessible from Dr. Penfield), Guy-Concordia metro station (Green Line), restaurants, bars, museums and shopping.
Ideal for medical students / residents; faculty building (McIntyre Medical Building) is 6 minutes by foot. In addition to the MGH, other major hospitals including the Jewish General, St. Mary’s and the Glen Site are easily accessible by public transport within 15-30 minutes.
$1585/month. Minimum 1 year lease. Start date flexible between May 1st and July 1st.
Furnished private rooms in award-winning townhouse. Parking available. 3100 Rue Joseph, Montreal, QC, Canada
Two large furnished bedrooms (10’ x 12’ + ample closet space) – $650/month each
One small furnished bedroom (7’ x 10’ + closet space) – $435/month
One indoor parking space – $190/month
Prices include: heating, electricity, Internet, cleaning, in-unit access to washer and dryer.
Seeking: respectful student or young professional with whom to share our living space. Non-smoker. No pets. We are vegetarian/vegan friendly.
We are two young professionals in law, fully bilingual, and vegan-friendly.
We have a very friendly miniature poodle (hypo-allergenic).
Available September 2017
- South-facing corner unit, last floor (3rd floor, no elevator), very quiet
- Heating and water is included in rent
- Comes with interior heated parking lot, storage locker, and storage area for bicycles
- The building is very well maintained and protected by security cameras
- In summer, you have access to the building’s private park on the mountain and communal vegetable garden
- In-suite amenities include new gas oven/stove, stainless steel appliances, washer/dryer (Apartment Size, larger w/d available in building's basement)
- Large walking-closet and 1 regular closet
- The unit was completely renovated two years ago.
- Close to University of Montreal , Guy Concordia University, and 20 minutes to McGill University
- Right on Mount Summit Park and close to all services, including groceries, pharmacies, restaurants, schools, hospitals, dentists, and more!
- In the middle of all the hospitals: 5 minutes to Saint-Mary’s Hospital, 10 minutes to the Jewish General Hospital, 10 minutes to the Montreal General Hospital, 15 minutes to MUHC-Glen Site.
- Located by bus circuits 11, 165, 166, 369, and 435. 10 minutes to Cote-Des-Neiges Station (Blue Line) and Guy-Concordia station (Green Line).
- Available July 1 2017
Phone number: 416-836-7225
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 438-871-0720
Contact email: email@example.com