For more information about the Murmur or how to submit an ad, visit the Murmur page on the Med-Dent Student Gateway.
To view classifieds, click here to go to the bottom of the newsletter.
Seems like things are winding down. There are 7x more classified ads than activities in this edition.
BUT, don't miss out on your chance to become a buddy to a Med-1 from the Class of 2021.
All the best and see you next week,
Natasha Caminsky, MSS VP Internal 2016-2017
Table of Contents
- ACE Buddy Program: Become a Mentor to Incoming Med-1's
- Medical Conference Tracker : Academia Club
- Are you 21-30 years old and in a romantic relationship?
- Large open concept 4 & 1/2 in Golden Square Mile
- Books for Sale
- Books for sale!!
- Gorgeous 4-1/2 Plateau apartment - ground floor of duplex, with parking
- ELECTIVE FRIENDLY CONDO
- Books and/or kindling for campfires
- Loft close to McGill/Mont Royal for sublet August-December
- Room for Rent
- Discounted Jun-Aug Sublet, 2 Bed / 2 Bath, Bright, Beautiful Views, Doorman/Pool
- Newly renovated 3 1/2 in Golden Square Mile!
- Beautiful, newly renovated 3 1/2 in Golden Square Mile
- MEDICAL BOOKS FOR SALE!!!
- Medical Textbooks For SALE!
- Textbooks for sale! Lower prices!
- Textbooks - Reduced Prices!
- Books for sale
- 3 1/2 in a Perfect Location, All Furniture + Expenses Included
- 2-BR Apt with a spectacular view of downtown & close to hospitals!
- 2ND FLOOR DUPLEX 1,600 sq feet across Glen/Vendome
- BACHELOR 400 sq feet Across Glen/Vendome Metro
- TCP and Clerkship Books for sale!!
Phone number: 438-871-0720
Contact email: email@example.com
Phone number: 514-825-7524
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1000 square feet on the ground floor of a duplex with plenty of storage (1000 square foot basement with washer and dryer included). Giant bathroom with custom slate shower, a 90-gallon soaker tub and a cedar lined walk-in closet. New kitchen with stainless fridge, and granite counters, willing to provide dishwasher.
- The back yard has a mature pear tree and black raspberry bush, green space for sitting, and comes with one parking spot.
- 55 bus across the street, 10-15 minute walk to the metro.
- Your upstairs neighbors are a young couple (current med-3s/incoming med-4s).
- Well-behaved dogs and cats ok.
Phone number: 514-792-3222
Contact email: email@example.com
ELECTIVE FRIENDLY> Will rent for short term electives ($850 per week). Call 1.519.851.4471
Two Fabulous units on 11th floor, sunny panoramic view overlooking city. furnished or unfurnished 2 bedrooms central to all MUHC hospitals. BRAND NEW never lived in. Pool, Gym. steps to Atwater Metro.
S Sur Le Square
Listing ID #0012218
Phone number: 519.851.4471
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbins Basic Pathology Ninth edition (near mint, no highlighting) 60$
Systems of the body; the digestive system Second edition some highlighting - 30$
Systems of the body; the endocrine system second edition some highlighting - 30$
Renal Pathophysiology The Essentials Fourth edition minimal highlighting - 30$
A Textbook of Family Medicine Second Edition (mint, no highlighting) - 20$
Bedside Ultrasound Level 1 (near mint, no highlighting) - 30$
DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination - 10th edition - 40$
Lange Surgery Current Diagnosis and Treatment. 14th edition - very good condition, minimal underlining - 50$
Toronto Notes 2015 online activation code (unused) - make me an offer
Phone number: 613 293 8404
Contact email: email@example.com
It's a 2-storey apartment, and on the main floor there's a beautiful kitchen with a balcony, a huge bathroom with standing shower, jacuzzi tub and washer/dryer, a room that's currently my office but could be a dining room, a nice and bright living room, and one bedroom. The upstairs is a kind of loft area which is also gigantic, with its own bathroom with a tub, but no shower. There's also a big attic area for storage.
My brother's moving into the bedroom on the main floor so I'm looking for someone to take the loft area upstairs. He's a JMSB student and a pretty cool guy, and your landlords would be the nicest, most helpful and most reasonable people in the world (my parents).
We're asking $650 plus half of the utilities. The shared spaces are furnished, and there's the possibility of your bedroom being furnished too. If you're interested, know someone who might be, or want to come see it, let me know!
Phone number: 514-825-7524
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essentials of Surgical Specialties 3rd Edition (Lawrence)
For Sale: $10
Essentials of General Surgery, 4th Edition (Lawrence)
For Sale: $10
Phone number: 438-827-1975
Contact email: email@example.com
Excellent condition, Minor highlights. $40
The Digestive System, 2nd edition. Perfect condition. $10
The Biology of Cancer. Perfect condition. $10
St John Ambulance First Aid Reference Guide. Perfect condition. FREE
Harrap's unabridged French-English dictionary - two volumes. Excellent condition. FREE
Phone number: 514-264-8248
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selling med books (all are in perfect condition unless otherwise noted):
For TCP or USMLE Step 1 (current Med 1's):
Lange current diagnosis and treatment Surgery - 40$
Lawrence Essentials of General Surgery- 20$
Lawrence Essentials of Surgical Specialties- 20$
Robbins Basic Pathology- 60$
High Yield for the USMLE step 1- $5
For Clerkship (current Med 2's):
Pre-test Medicine- 10$
Pre-test surgery- 10$
Please text me: 514 927 5445
- Beautiful 3 1/2 in Golden Square Mile
- All furniture is included (TV stand, TV, coffee table, couches, kitchen table + 4 chairs, dresser, queen bed, fridge, stove, microwave, lamps + mirror + decor)
- Newly rennovated bathroom
- Price includes heating/water/electricity
- Air conditioner
- Indoor parking available
- Building has a pool and 24/7 security
- 5 min walk to Guy/Concordia metro, 5 min walk to Montreal General Hospital, 5 min walk to McIntyre
- Available July 1st
Phone number: 9056500344
Contact email: email@example.com
Phone number: 5147096620
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Downtown (Golden Square Mile) at 1390 av. des Pins Ouest
See craigslist add for more pictures: https://montreal.craigslist.ca/apa/6146169812.html?lang=en&cc=us
Modern apartment with large windows in every room, two full bathrooms, spacious bedrooms, functional kitchen with ++ storage space, large open concept living/dining room with balcony & lots of natural light. Only 7 units in the building (1 unit per level).
Just minutes from the city's business center and Mount Royal Parc as your backyard where there are trails for walking, running, skiing, and other outdoor activities year round. Steps away from the Montreal General Hospital and McGill University- perfect for medical or dentistry students/residents.
Close to Guy Concordia metro & Peel metro as well as on the 144 Bus route.
Partially furnished available.
Includes: heating, hot water, dishwasher, oven, microwave, refrigerator
Building amenities: elevator, shared laundry
Not included: hydro (electricity)
Parking & large storage unit included!
Availability: July 2017
Very sunny, 2nd floor duplex completely renovated (A to Z) with new windows and luxury materials and appliances. 1,600 sq feet beautiful hardwood floors. 3 bedrooms including master bedroom with on-suite bathroom and walk-in closet. 1 bedroom with balcony. 2 complete bathrooms. Working gas fireplace. Very large open living-room dining-room concept area. Open kitchen concept with beautiful granite countertops, brand new appliances including stove + oven and dish-washer (option to change for gas stove). Solarium/Den off the kitchen, perfect for relaxing and reading. Brand new washer-dryer included. Newly installed windows and new heating system (convectors). Air-conditioner installed.
Unbeatable location! Westmount adjacent. 5 min from Sherbrooke St with all the necessary amenities (shopping, grocery stores, pharmacy, restaurants). 2 minute walk from Vendome metro station and train. Easy access to busses 24, 37, 63, 90, 102, 104, 124, 356. 5 min walk to the Glenn Hospital. 15 min walk to Marianopolis College. Multiple elementary and high-schools nearby.
1 out-door parking space included with snow-removal in the winter. Street vignette available upon request.
Credit-check and references required. Hydro and heating not included. Available: 1 July (negotiable) Renovations currently underway, please contact for a visit.
Modern, fully renovated (from A to Z) with luxury materials and appliances 400 sq feet.
Half-basement with newly-installed windows providing lots of light and private side entrance. 1 bedroom with Ikea PAX closet + 1 bathroom. Open kitchen with beautiful granite countertop and all new appliances (electric stove + oven, fridge). Kitchen opens onto living room/dining room area. Brand new washer dryer. Lovely electrical fireplace in living room.
Credit check and references required. Hydro, heating, and winter snow-removal included. Private outdoor parking space available upon request (extra 50$/month). Street vignette available upon request.
Unbeatable location! Westmount adjacent. 5 min from Sherbrooke St with all the necessary amenities (shopping, grocery stores, pharmacy, restaurants). 2 minute walk from Vendome metro station and train. Easy access to busses 24, 37, 63, 90, 102, 104, 124, 356. 5 min walk to the Glen Hospital. 15 min walk to Marianopolis College. Multiple elementary and high-schools nearby.
Credit-check and references required. Hydro and heating not included. Available: 1 July (negotiable) Renovations currently underway, please contact for a visit. Price: $950/month
8. Essentials of surgical specialties 3rd edition by Peter F. Lawrence: 5$
Phone number: 514 771 8876
Contact email: email@example.com