For more information about the Murmur or how to submit an ad, visit the Murmur page on the Med-Dent Student Gateway.
To view classifieds, click here to go to the bottom of the newsletter.
To view the MSS Calendar and to learn more about what the MSS and the MSS Clubs have to offer, visit our new website The Thrill.
This is a Murmur you don't want to miss out on. There are so many events taking place in the next couple of weeks that you'll either need to choose between events, or get one of those nifty Time Turners that Hermione Granger had.
Also, a quick reminder that the nomination period for MSS Spring Elections is open until Friday evening. Check out The Thrill for the list of positions available, get your friends and colleagues to endorse you, and apply to represent your class or event the entire student body for the 2017-2018 school year!
Have a great week,
Natasha Caminsky, MSS VP Internal 2016-2017
Table of Contents
- Trans 101: or How to Advocate for your Trans Patients
- Psychiatry Post-Match Talk
- Easy, healthy, free cooking class! Brought to you by the MSS Plant Based Nutrition Group
- MOnc and MS3 present: "A Surgeon’s Perspective on A Career in Oncology"
- **Workshop on Presence and Empathy: A Joyful Exploration of Being and Listening**
- Between Healer and Artist: a Conversation with Dr. Jaswant Guzder
- **Submit your ART or WRITING** to publish in a student magazine
- CMDS: Dealing with Suffering feat. Dr. Miriam Boillat
- MESS hosts: Ethical Challenges in Public Health w/ Dr. Weinstock
- Not my Normal: Tools for Navigating the Medical Workspace
- Post-Match Talk: Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Ontario-Quebec Undergraduate Immunology Conference (OQUIC) 2017
- Oslerian Treasures (Lecture and Wine & Cheese): Neuro-Oncology
- SARROS Symposium
- Apply for a Sexual and Reproductive Health including HIV/AIDS (SCORA) Exchange through the IFMSA
- Aboriginal Medicine & the Journey of a Family Doctor
- TRAVEL FELLOWSHIPS IN QUANTITATIVE BIOLOGY AND MEDICAL GENETICS
- Hormone Therapy and Gender Confirmation Surgery: Access for Transgender Youth
- Deadline Extended: UTMJ Cardiovascular Health Issue Call for Submissions
- Are you 21-30 years old and in a romantic relationship? Are you 21-30 years old and in a romantic relationship? The Research Laboratory of Personality of UQAM needs your help.
- 4 ½ Condo in CDN
- Montreal-Furnished-Atwater/St Catherine ST- S Sur Le Square -New Condo-Central location for MUHC hospitals
- Montreal, Westmount close to MUHC
- MedHousing - Looking for elective, residency or fellowship accommodation?
- For RENT: Beautiful 2-BR Apt with a spectacular view of downtown
- Clerkship textbooks for sale
- Downtown Montreal – Beautiful, newly renovated 3 1/2
- Furnished private rooms in award-winning townhouse. Parking available. 3100 Rue Joseph, Montreal, QC, Canada
- RENOVATED 4 ½ ON RIDGEWOOD (CDN/WESTMOUNT)
- 2 bdrm, 800 sf in NDG, $1250, prime location for clerks!
Address: 4500 Cotes-des-Neiges Road, Montreal H3V 0A1
Minimum lease duration: one year
Credit and background check and some other conditions apply.
Plus de details en français:
More details in English:
Montreal-Furnished-Atwater/St Catherine ST- S Sur Le Square -New Condo-Central location for MUHC hospitals
Two Fabulous units on 11th floor, sunny panoramic view overlooking city. furnished or unfurnished 2 bedrooms central to all MUHC hospitals. BRAND NEW never lived in. Pool, Gym. steps to Atwater Metro.
S Sur Le Square
Listing ID #0012218
2 CLOSED BEDROOMS (1 ENSUITE), 9′ celling – Corner unit, big living room with large windows, ensuite master bedroom, freshly painted,
Few steps from Westmount Square, Alexis Nihon Plaza, groceries, and Atwater Metro Station.
Located 2km from the MUHC Glen Campus and 2km from Montreal General Hospital
Includes all appliances, including Washer/Dryer and dishwasher
I rent it for $1425 but am offering it at $1200 as a sublet until June 30, 2017. You can also make a new lease with the owner.
Parking available for extra cost
Location: Downtown (Golden Square Mile) at 1390 av. des Pins Ouest
Modern apartment with large windows in every room, two full bathrooms, spacious bedrooms, functional kitchen with ++ storage space, large open concept living/dining room with balcony & lots of natural light. Only 7 units in the building (1 unit per level).
Just minutes from the city's business center and Mount Royal Parc as your backyard where there are trails for walking, running, skiing, and other outdoor activities year round. Steps away from the Montreal General Hospital, McGill University, Concordia University, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and much more. . .
Close to Guy Concordia metro & Peel metro as well as on the 144 Bus route.
Furniture not included (inquire about furnished apartment).
Includes: heating, hot water, dishwasher, oven, microwave, refrigerator
Building amenities: elevator, shared laundry
Not included: hydro (electricity)
Parking & large storage unit included!
Availability: July 2017
Phone number: 514-709-6620
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exceptional location: 5 minute walk to Montreal General Hospital, Mount-Royal (accessible from Dr. Penfield), Guy-Concordia metro station (Green Line), restaurants, bars, museums and shopping.
Ideal for medical students / residents; faculty building (McIntyre Medical Building) is 6 minutes by foot. In addition to the MGH, other major hospitals including the Jewish General, St. Mary’s and the Glen Site are easily accessible by public transport within 15-30 minutes.
$1585/month. Minimum 1 year lease. Start date flexible between May 1st and July 1st.
Furnished private rooms in award-winning townhouse. Parking available. 3100 Rue Joseph, Montreal, QC, Canada
Two large furnished bedrooms (10’ x 12’ + ample closet space) – $650/month each
One small furnished bedroom (7’ x 10’ + closet space) – $435/month
One indoor parking space – $190/month
Prices include: heating, electricity, Internet, cleaning, in-unit access to washer and dryer.
Seeking: respectful student or young professional with whom to share our living space. Non-smoker. No pets. We are vegetarian/vegan friendly.
We are two young professionals in law, fully bilingual, and vegan-friendly.
We have a very friendly miniature poodle (hypo-allergenic).
Available September 2017
- South-facing corner unit, last floor (3rd floor, no elevator), very quiet
- Heating and water is included in rent
- Comes with interior heated parking lot, storage locker, and storage area for bicycles
- The building is very well maintained and protected by security cameras
- In summer, you have access to the building’s private park on the mountain and communal vegetable garden
- In-suite amenities include new gas oven/stove, stainless steel appliances, washer/dryer (Apartment Size, larger w/d available in building's basement)
- Large walking-closet and 1 regular closet
- The unit was completely renovated two years ago.
- Close to University of Montreal , Guy Concordia University, and 20 minutes to McGill University
- Right on Mount Summit Park and close to all services, including groceries, pharmacies, restaurants, schools, hospitals, dentists, and more!
- In the middle of all the hospitals: 5 minutes to Saint-Mary’s Hospital, 10 minutes to the Jewish General Hospital, 10 minutes to the Montreal General Hospital, 15 minutes to MUHC-Glen Site.
- Located by bus circuits 11, 165, 166, 369, and 435. 10 minutes to Cote-Des-Neiges Station (Blue Line) and Guy-Concordia station (Green Line).
- Available July 1 2017
Phone number: 416-836-7225
Contact email: email@example.com