These are the following documents that could be asked from you while applying for electives. The most common are at the top and the ones near the end are rarely asked for. You’ll find information about how to get the main ones right after the following list.
- AFMC immunization form +/- immunization records and serology results (if you got immunization at Health services before entering medical school, they will have these)
- Police record check
- Recent photo of yourself
- Matoux (1 step) current within the last 12 months (if you have the record of receiving the 2 step at least once previously)
- Letter of good standing
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of N95 mask fitting
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of general liability insurance
- Proof of malpractice insurance
- Proof of language competency
- Social insurance number
- Proof of current influenza vaccine
- Copy of passport
Now universal for all schools, start early.
If your results are less than a year old, you will not require an appointment for this. You can drop off or fax the forms to Student Health (Fax: 514-398-2559), along with a signed “authorization to release” form available on the SHS website: release_of_information_0
Make sure to indicate where the completed form should be sent or if you will be picking it up. McGill Student Health has committed to a 5 to 7 business-day turnaround time for such requests. If your test results are more than a year old, you will need to do an updated PPD, in which case you will need a nurse’s appointment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request for an appointment (within 6-8 weeks of your emailed request).
Obtained at Montreal Police Headquarters located at 1441 St Urbain. You will need to provide two pieces of ID and proof of address. Opens until 4pm. Costs 105$ and you will receive it within 6-8 weeks if they have a normal volume of requests. Tip: Get it before the holiday season.
Other locations where you can obtain a police check are:
- On the South Shore (apparently less waiting time): 699 Boulevard Curé-Poirier Ouest, Longueuil
- In Gatineau (decreased cost): 590 Boulevard Greber, Gatineau J8T7B7
Letter of good standing
Some non-McGill electives may require a letter of good standing. Address Maryna at email@example.com – it takes 5 business days to process