What is the Conference Funding Program?
The conference funding program is an MSS student-oriented incentive whose goal is to provide financial assistance to students wishing to further their knowledge by participating in medical conferences
Who is eligible?
Medical Students wishing to attend conferences in their field of interest
How much money is available per year?
- Conference Fund:
- Maximum of 450.00CAD per person per conference
- Maximum of 900.00CAD per conference (based on two (2) people attending)
- The Office of Student Affairs will generously fund certain projects who could not get funded through the conference fund, or who did not receive the full amount requested; all application forms will automatically be forwarded to the Office by the MSS; you will be contacted if you receive funding through the Office of Student Affairs
When can I apply?
- You may apply retrospectively (if you attended a conference in the past 6 months) or prospectively (if you plan on attending a conference in the next 6 months)
- Funding will therefore only be provided for conferences between: September 1, 2019 and September 1, 2020
- No funding will be provided for conferences that took place before September 1, 2019.
- People wishing to attended conferences that will take place after September 1, 2020 will be eligible for the next application period, in the Fall of 2020.
How do I apply?
What criteria are used to assess how much funding I am eligible to receive?
- Relevance of the subject of the conference (Medicine-oriented topics only)
- Magnitude and importance of the conference
- Reasons for attending and role of student at conference (attending / presenting / hosting)
- Appropriateness of the proposed budget
- Possible advantages to the Faculty of Medicine and Medical Students
When do I find out if I have been chosen to receive funding?
- By March 31, 2020, via email.
When do I receive my funding?
- After submitting all receipts and a revised budget to the MSS VP Finance
- After submitting a conference summary describing the strengths and weaknesses of the conference/initiative
- Disbursements will be made the following semester within two weeks of receipts being sent in to email@example.com. An E-Transfer will be sent to the e-mail address in the application form or if you have an RBC account, the amount will be deposited via direct deposit. Please mention the fact you have an RBC account in your application.