Club week video
|President (Montreal)||Tania Morin, class of firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|President (Outaouais)||Ericka Iny, class of email@example.com.|
|VP Sustainability (Montreal)||Justin Ballick, class of firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Med-1 Rep||Laurence Robert, class of email@example.com|
|Med-4 Rep||Jiayin Huang, class of firstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP Global Health Jr.||Kacylia Roy Proulx, class of email@example.com|
The McGill Medical Students’ Society Sustainability Committee aims to coordinate sustainability initiatives and advocacy efforts within the medical student body at both the Montreal and Outaouais campuses. The SC has the duty to represent the MSS and collaborate with other Canadian medical schools to promote planetary health initiatives. Our goal is to offer opportunities to our members to be active participants in initiating change concerning planetary health and sustainability issues relevant to the student body and the patients we work with.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coordinate sustainability initiatives and advocacy efforts within the medical student body at both the Montreal and Outaouais campuses.
- Represent the MSS and collaborate with other local committees, Quebec and Canadian medical schools.
- Promote and increase medical student awareness of, involvement and participation in planetary health and sustainability initiatives.
Initiatives & Advocacy Work for Upcoming Year:
- Inclusion of planetary health and sustainability within McGill’s medical curriculum
- Organization of awareness campaigns, events and local projects (e.g., garden in Outaouais, conferences, etc.)
- Enforcement of the MSS Guidelines for Sustainable Events (in collaboration with Global Health and GAAC) and McGill’s Office of Sustainability Sustainable Events Checklist for large events
- Participation in student body groups involved in planetary health:
- Canadian Federation of Medical Students (CFMS) Health and Environment Adaptive Response Taskforce (HEART)
- International Federation of Students’ Associations (IFMSA-Qc) Taskforce pour la Santé Planétaire
- FMHS Social Accountability, Population and Health Advocacy (SAPPHA) committee
- Sustainability Committee (SC) President
- CFMS Heart Representative
- IFMSA-Qc Representative
- VP Communication and Finance
- VP Sustainability Montreal
- VP Sustainability Outaouais
- Local group of students at Outaouais Campus: EnviroSanté
- Representatives (general members)
MSS GC members
- MSS VP Internal
- MSS VP Global Health Jr, Sr, or other Global Health Committee member
- MSS GAAC Officer